How to Use the MIRCERA® Prefilled Syringe
MIRCERA® prefilled syringe with the needle is placed in a medication blister pack. It consists of four safety features as depicted below – plunger, release clips, finger flanges and needle guard.
Avoid contact with the release clips to keep from activating the safety device prematurely. To reduce the risk of accidental needlesticks after application, each prefilled syringe is equipped with a needle guard that covers the needle during disposal.
Seehow to use
the MIRCERA®prefilled syringe.
1. Carefully remove the plastic cover.
2. Take out the syringe by holding the syringe by the device body from the medication blister pack and avoid contact with the release clips.
Inspect the medicine and prefilled syringe.
3. Do not push or pull plunger out of syringe.
4. Remove tip cap.
5. Twist cap to break seal on the needle.
6. Attach needle to syringe without twisting. Press firmly to ensure tight fit.
7. Remove needle shield.
8. Administer MIRCERA® by depressing the plunger while grasping the flanges. Inject the entire content of the syringe. The needle guard will not activate unless the entire dose has been given.
9. Do not release the plunger before the end of injection or before the plunger is completely pushed down (depressed). With the plunger still depressed withdraw the needle, and then release the plunger. When fully depressed, the plunger spreads the release clips activating the safety device.
10. Release the plunger after removing the needle from the skin. Allow the needle guard to move forward. The needle guard automatically moves into position to cover the entire needle.
11. Remove tear-off label, if necessary, to record dose administered.
For complete information about MIRCERA® administration, please see the Instructions for Use.
For more information, please see the full Prescribing Information, including Boxed WARNING, and Medication Guide for MIRCERA®.